Welcome YFA Part-Time Faculty
Located on this page is important information specifically for the part-time faculty members in the Yosemite Community College District.
- FINANCIAL OBLIGATION to YFA for part-time faculty - two options
1. $20/semester: Fair Share Service Fee; OR
2. % load X $375 per semester = YFA Membership Dues
Click here for information on FSSF and how to sign up for YFA Membership.
- BENEFITS include help with initial salary placement, workload concerns, conciliation / grievances, and contract negotiations.
- FLEX obligations: Percentage of full time, based on area and load (~ 1/2 weekly hours)
Log into https://flex.yosemite.edu/ to find the exact FLEX time to fulfill each year.
- SICK TIME benefits: 1 hour for each 20 hours of paid service
STEP: Two years of service or 180 class hours to move your first step, two years of service for each additional step, up to a maximum of Step 10 (Step 12 in summer)
COLUMN: By collegiate units (professional development / prior approval)
For further clarification, see the Step Advancement Guidelines for Part-time Faculty.
Click here for YCCD Request for Professional Improvement Activity form
- UNEMPLOYMENT filings:
- Click here for a two-page document summary of how to file for unemployment
- Click here for a step-by-step How-To-File Powerpoint from FACCC website, developed by Mary Ellen Goodwin Associate Secretary Foothill-DeAnza Faculty Association
- Click here for a handbook on part-timer unemployment benefit rights, developed by the Law Offices of Robert J. Bezemek
- FACCC (Faculty Association for California Community Colleges) additional information for part-time faculty can be found at http://www.faccc.org/New/PartTime/PartTimeIndex.asp