Do you have questions? Need to answer questions your students are sending you?
Read the FAQs and stay informed.
CLICK IMAGE ===>
What is Impasse:
Impasse is a point especially in labor negotiations at which reaching an agreement is impossible because neither party is willing to compromise or change position.
- November 9, 2018: During the meeting on November 8, the legal counsels for both YFA and YCCD were unable to reach the fact-finder on the phone. As a follow-up, this is a joint-attempt by both legal counsels to discuss with PERB--directly--to inquire about the status of the fact-finding report.
- November 8, 2018: The YFA and YCCD legal counsels met in a face-to-face meeting in an attempt to accomplish two things: (1) to jointly conference call the fact-finder to inquire about the report since it has not been received and neither side has heard a response from the fact-finder and (2) to engage in negotiations over the contract. (NOTE: The parties agreed to attempt negotiations to finalize this contract between the legal counsel from both sides. Each side has provided parameters for their respective legal counsel to negotiate. Any potential agreements that the YFA legal counsel makes will be discussed with the YFA negotiating team for verification).
- November 7, 2018: The YCCD Board of Trustees held a three-hour Special Meeting with discussions that included YFA negotiations.
- November 5, 2018: A joint YFA-YCCD letter was sent to the PERB fact-finder requesting the status of the the fact-finding report.
- November 1, 2018: The fact-finding report was scheduled to be received as a "hard-deadline" agreement between the YFA and YCCD. The report never came.
- October 29, 2018: State Sen. Cathleen Galgiani sends letter to YCCD demanding answers about YFA-YCCD negotiations.
- October 9, 2018: YFA Files Unfair Practive Charge (UPC) Against YCCD.
- September 17, 2018: YFA and YCCD participated in fact-finding, followed by mediation. The process was 17 hours long, ending at 1:30 am on September-18-2018.
- June 8, 2018: PERB notified YFA and YCCD that fact-finding would be scheduled.
- June 7, 2018: YFA provided notice to YCCD of our intent to file with PERB for fact-finding.
- May 31, 2018: The PERB mediator certified that YFA and YCCD going to fact-finding was appropriate.
- May 23, 2018: YFA and YCCD participated in a second-day of mediation which only last a few hours.
- May 7, 2018: YFA and YCCD participated in a full-day of mediation.
- April 10, 2018: YFA received certification from PERB that the YFA and YCCD are, indeed, at impasse. It is “official” now.
- April 5, 2018: YFA also received the YCCD’s response to PERB regarding our application for impasse.
- April 5, 2018: YFA received certification that our application to PERB was received.
- March 30, 2018: YFA submitted an “Application for Determination of Impasse/Mediation” to the Public Employees Relations Board (PERB).